Paddock Johnson was appointed by Forth Homes to undertake a series of projects including the refurbishment and repositioning of the vacant, Grade ll Listed Redcourt School into 15, 1 and 2 bed apartments. Adjacent to Redcourt, the scheme also included a 3/4 Storey stand-alone apartment block, comprising 30, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
The brief included both preservation of the grade ll listed former school and development of a brand-new residential apartment block. The 45 unit development in the Oxton area of Wirral, will bring forward much needed affordable homes.
Redcourt was originally a Victorian family home built by prominent Scottish banker George Rae between 1876 and 1879 and designed by Edmund Kirby. The Rae family lived there until the outbreak of World War II. It was used by the Home Guard during the War before it was purchased by the Brothers when the War ended. It was designated a Grade II listed building in 1974. From 1946 to 2019 Redcourt was the preparatory school for St Anselms College.